- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup butter butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch square pan.
Combine egg, sugar, molasses, butter, apple sauce and water; mix well.
In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt; add to
molasses mixture. Beat until well mixed.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25- 30 minutes or until cake
Serve warm with whipped cream.
Yield: 9 servings.
Note: *I baked in a gingerbread shaped pan for 20 min. Came out perfect 🙂 *
- Gingerbread Cucakes (countryandvictoriantimes.com)
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread (jokesandpokes.wordpress.com)
- Soft Glazed Gingerbread Cookies (carriefehr.com)
- Gingerbread Cake (carefullcook.com)
- Gingerbread Biscotti (savoringeverybite.com)