- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil, honey and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; sift into and gradually add to peanut butter mixture just until blended (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork to get the familiar cross hatching pattern of a peanut butter cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Yield 27-29 cookies
- Brownies (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)
- eat :: peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and sea salt (jamieofalltrades.org)
- peanut butter [chocolate chip] whoopie pies (sweetbetweens.com)
- Celebrate National Peanut Butter Day With Delicious Desserts (dailysavings.allyou.com)
- It’s National Peanut Butter Day! (new102.cbslocal.com)
- soft-baked monster cookies. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)