- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 3 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces of Guinness beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in flaxseed
- Slowly pour the Guinness into the flour mixture. Stir beer into dry ingredients and about half way add in molasses and honey. Continue adding beer. Mix until no lumps and dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the deepest part of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool a bit, before turning out onto a rack. Paint it with soft butter, which will melt as you go.
- Cheddar Beer Bread (grainmillwagon.com)
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread (fitnessandfrozengrapes.com)
- Molasses Sugar Cookies By Kim Koelbel (dishingitoutwithclarissa.com)
- Homemade Pumpernickel Loaf (vegetarianventures.com)