- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, and add slowly to batter. Mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Scoop dough in heaping tablespoons placing approximately 3 inches apart on a lightly greased (or lined with parchment) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 21-24 cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies (paleoinpdx.com)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Brownies Recipe (sheensteve.wordpress.com)
- Double-Chocolate Fudge Brownies…and a Giveaway! (munchomom.com)
- Fudgey Fudge Brownies (afridgefulloffood.typepad.com)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Alliteration, I tell you. (eldestminion.wordpress.com)
- Fudge Cookies (sugarandspicebaking.com)
- Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Fudge Sauce (thegrubshack.wordpress.com)