- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar, granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour (or line with parchment) an 8×8-inch pan.
- Whisk together butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix in eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, flaxseed, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix all together.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- For topping combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Allow to cool before cutting.
Yield 12-16 pieces.
- The Best Snickerdoodles! (wilson-place.com)
- Snickerdoodles baking! 😀 (superriska.wordpress.com)
- Chai-spiced Snickerdoodle Cookies (lucyparkinson.wordpress.com)
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes (shinylifeblog.com)
- recipe [best snickerdoodle cookies ever!] (holdingontothelittlethings.typepad.com)
- Recipe of the Week: Snickerdoodle Pie (dailysavings.allyou.com)