- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl stir together flour baking soda, baking powder, salt, flaxseed, pepper and spices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Chai Spiced Banana Bread….simplistically delicious! (localforkful.com)
- Snickerdoodle Blondies (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)
- Chai Spice Cookies (carriefehr.com)
- Classic Sugar Cookie Dough (spoonful.com)
- Molasses Cookies (spoonful.com)