- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pear, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 500°F. Line muffin tin with 12 baking cups
- Blend together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cardamom and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil, and eggs — until they are light.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two for 20 seconds — no more!
- Scoop batter into prepared baking cups, filling them 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Place muffins in the oven and immediately drop temperature to 400°F*.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
Yield: 12 muffins
*When you put muffins in a very hot oven and immediately drop the temperature, you help create the high peaks that make them so appealing.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (thedinnerpages.wordpress.com)
- Wintumn – Pear & Blackberry Mega Muffins (livinglis.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Banana and Almond Muffins (eatcleanjunkie.com)
- Streusel berry muffins make for delicious comfort food (metronews.ca)
- Tennessee Cornbread Muffins – Single (survivingonterra3.wordpress.com)