- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Blend together the dry ingredients as long and as vigorously as you want.
- Add chopped apple and walnuts and stir to coat dry mixture.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil or butter, and eggs, until light.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two for 20 seconds — no more! It’s OK if you’ve left some lumps.
- Fill cups of a lightly greased muffin tin two-thirds to three-quarters full. Place muffins in the oven and immediately drop temperature to 400°F*. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
Yield: 12 muffins, 24 mini-muffins