- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Blend together the dry ingredients as long and as vigorously as you want.
- Add chopped apple and walnuts and stir to coat dry mixture.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil or butter, and eggs, until light.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two for 20 seconds — no more! It’s OK if you’ve left some lumps.
- Fill cups of a lightly greased muffin tin two-thirds to three-quarters full. Place muffins in the oven and immediately drop temperature to 400°F*. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
Yield: 12 muffins, 24 mini-muffins
Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ― Lauren DeStefano
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
- 1 homemade pie crust or 1 ready-made pie crust
- 4 med green apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples, lemon juice, both sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
- Prepare topping in a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until topping is brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 1/4 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple
3/4 cup zucchini, shredded (squeezed of excess liquid)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C). Line bottom of a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, blend the sugar with the eggs. Add the oil, and mix well. Mix in flour, spices, salt, and baking soda. Stir in the nuts, coconut, apples, and zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.
Whisk together confectioner’s sugar, cinnamon and milk or cream. Add only enough cream to make a spreadable glaze. Drizzle glaze over cake before cutting.