Sweet flavor similar to carrot cake with added white chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and a cream cheese filling.
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash puree, eggs, oil, water, extracts and sugars until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, all-spice and cardamom. Add the walnuts and chips and stir.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the butternut squash mixture. Combine just until incorporated; do not over mix. Pour into the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Yield: 16-18 muffins
Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale. ― Lauren DeStefano
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
- 1 homemade pie crust or 1 ready-made pie crust
- 4 med green apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples, lemon juice, both sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
- Prepare topping in a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until topping is brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 6-8 servings.