- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, pepper and spices, stir in flour.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Cool on rack before cutting.
Yield: 16 pieces
- Chai Spiced Banana Bread….simplistically delicious! (localforkful.com)
- Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)
- Chai Spice Cookies (carriefehr.com)
- Spiced Chai Recipe (abeautifulmess.com)
- Chai Spiced Milk (comeplayinthekitchen.com)
- Snickerdoodle Blondies (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)