- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa (I used Hersheys special dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
- shot of vodka (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together, and add slowly to batter. Mix well.
4. Add M&M’s and mix well.
5. Scoop dough in heaping tablespoons; place approximately 3 inches apart on a lightly greased (or lined with parchment) cookie sheet. Before placing them in the oven, flatten them with either your fingers or the bottom of a drinking glass, much like you would a sugar cookie.
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for approximately 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 24-27 cookies