A soft gingerbread cookie infused with orange and filled with chocolate chips. It’s a drop cookie, so much easier to prepare and makes the kitchen smell wonderful while baking. 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 egg, large
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment
- Beat together butter, sugar and zest until fluffy.
- Add egg; mix until well combined.
- Stir in molasses and milk.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and spices and stir well until a thick, smooth batter forms.
- Stir in chocolate chips and drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful onto greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until bottoms are very lightly browned – do not overbake.
- Cool for 2 minutes on pans before removing to racks to cool completely.
Makes 24 -27 cookies