- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (also try white, butterscotch or peanut butter chips)
Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray with nonstick and line with parchment an 8-inch or 9-inch tart pan. (A round cake pan will also work, or springform pan.)
Combine flour, cornstarch, flaxseed, salt, sugar, vanilla and butter in a large bowl. Knead with your hand until mixture is combined well and binds together.
Transfer to the tart pan and spread evenly. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon so the top is smooth. Sprinkle chips over surface and use spoon to lightly press into dough.
Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes. Cut 12 wedges with a sharp knife, remove, and allow to cool completely.
Makes 12-16 cookies