- 7 tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (I used a mix dark and black cocoa)
- 1 1/4 rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite liqueur (I used chocolate liqueur)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Your coating of choice (list follows)
1. Cream together butter and sugar till fluffy. Add in other ingredients until smooth.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls and dip/roll them in coating of choice.
3. Let them harden in the fridge. Chocolate balls will last at least 1-2 weeks.
- Cocoa powder
- Melted chocolate (dark, milk, white)
- Chopped nuts
- Layered chocolate
- Desiccated coconut
- Decorative icing
- Colored sugar crystals
- Glazed cherries or peel (a simple single fruit piece at the top of a truffle will appear very effective), or chopped dried fruit pieces
- Icing sugar