- 2 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut, shredded, sweetened
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch loaf pan or three 5 3/4 x 3 1/2 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy;add oil, extract and sugar and continue beating until light.
- Mix in berries
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to the strawberry mixture; blending just until flour is moistened. No more than 20 second; do not overmix.
- Spoon into prepared loaf pan(s) Bake 50-60 minutes for large loaf; 45-55 minutes for small loaves.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, loosen and turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Yields: 1 large or 3 small loaves.