Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
- 1 homemade pie crust or 1 ready-made pie crust
- 4 med green apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
- In a large bowl, mix sliced apples, lemon juice, both sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour into pie shell.
- Prepare topping in a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Mix until dry and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until topping is brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: 6-8 servings.