- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Blend together the dry ingredients as long and as vigorously as you want.
- Add chopped apple and walnuts and stir to coat dry mixture.
- Beat the liquid ingredients together — milk, oil or butter, and eggs, until light.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Take a fork or wire whisk and blend the two for 20 seconds — no more! It’s OK if you’ve left some lumps.
- Fill cups of a lightly greased muffin tin two-thirds to three-quarters full. Place muffins in the oven and immediately drop temperature to 400°F*. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffins test done.
Yield: 12 muffins, 24 mini-muffins
5 tablespoons Unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, large
1/3 cup molasses
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9-inch with parchment.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and continue beating as you add the molasses.
Sift together dry ingredients and add to the batter. Mix batter gently until well combined and no trace of the dry ingredients.
Stir in cranberries and walnuts, Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. The edges should start pulling away from sides of pan.
Remove from the oven and cool on rack. Cut just before serving.
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger